Skip to Navigation

Private property access

Where filming is confined entirely to private property, a licence is not required and no fee will be charged.

Filmmakers must notify council when filming is entirely contained within private land, as required by SEPP4, and are under an obligation to notify surrounding residents and businesses. (Please note that SEPP 4 specifies that a private property must not be used for more than 30 days in a 12 month period.) However a formal application is not necessary unless there will be an impact on public land (such as stringing or laying cables, vehicles parking in the street, and so on). In this case, an application will need to be made and approval conditions followed.  Further, Council approvals may be required (for example in relation to the construction of structures on private land).