Water and Sewer Pollution Incident Response Management Plan link
Water and Recycling Management System Operations is responsible for:
- Provision, operation and maintenance of 1 water treatment, (Mullumbimby WTP); 10 storage reservoirs and 233 kilometres of water reticulation pipelines throughout the Shire;
- Provision, operation and maintenance of 4 sewage treatment plants; 80 pump stations and 252 kilometres of sewerage reticulation pipelines throughout the Shire.
- Provision, operation and maintenance of one urban reuse scheme; 2 constructed wetlands; one rural reuse scheme; one bamboo farm and irrigation system; one Melaleuca Regeneration project; and land application of approximately 5,000 cubic metres of biosolids per annum.
- WRMS System Operations provides an essential service 24 hours/day, 365 days/year.
The 4 Sewage Treatments Plants are located in the 4 major urban population centres of Byron Shire:
- Mullumbimby (BrunswickValley)
Bangalow (EPA licence 2522) – an 850 kilolitre/day membrane sewage treatment plant discharging into Maori Creek.
Byron Bay (EPA licence 3404) – a 6,950 kilolitre/day biological nutrient reduction plant discharging into the Belongil Creek system.
Brunswick Valley (EPA licence 13266) – a 3,800 kilolitre/day biological nutrient reduction plant discharging into the Brunswick River.
Ocean Shores (EPA licence 13266) – a 1,600 kilolitre/day intermittent decant extended aeration sewage plant discharging into the Brunswick River.
64772 64773 64775 64776 64797 64798 64799 64800 64801 64802 64803 64804