Formerly known as the Byron Regional Sport and Cultural Complex
The Cavanbah Centre
Byron Shire's premier meeting place of
sport and culture.
The complex features the following contemporary spaces for hire:
- Two meeting rooms
- Two multi-purpose rooms
- Indoor auditorium and sports hall with two full sized, multi-use courts and stage
- Three outdoor basketball / netball courts
- Canteen use for outdoor sports playing fields
- Foyer to display sculptures and artwork
- Download the Cavanbah Centre Map with Dimensions.
Where is it?
Off Ewingsdale Rd, approximately 2.5km from the freeway.
Take a walk inside...
Monday 8.00am - 9.30pm
Tuesday 8.00am - 9.30pm
Wednesday 8.00am - 9.30pm
Thursday 8.00am - 9.30pm
Friday 8.00am - 9.30pm
Saturday 9.00am - 4.00pm
Sunday 9.30am - 4.00pm
Please note: Closed on Public Holidays.
- Cavanbah Regular Field User Group Contacts 2017
- Social Volleyball 2017
- Social Futsal 2017
- Social Basketball Scrimmage 2017
We are now on Facebook - visit our facebook page and "Like" the Centre's page to stay up to date with what's going on!
The complex also provides a range of facilities including:
- Player and referee change rooms with showers
- Outdoor undercover area
- Wheelchair accessible venue
- Hearing loop
- Free car parking
- Wireless internet
- MP3 connectivity
The meeting rooms are perfect for conferences or business meetings. They are fully air-conditioned and can include tables, chairs and whiteboards.
The multi-purpose rooms are ideal for a range of sporting and community activities, classes and workshops. Both rooms have floor to ceiling mirrors (with optional curtains) for dance and other sporting activities. They can also be hired for functions, birthday parties or wedding receptions. The rooms are fully air-conditioned with polished timber flooring.
Auditorium and Sports Hall
The sports hall includes two full size courts with Olympic standard flooring. The floor is marked for basketball, netball, volleyball, badminton and futsal. The courts can be hired by groups for competition games and training. There are change rooms and showers close by for after the match.
The auditorium is great for hosting musical and theatrical performances, private functions, festivals, trade expos, community and cultural events. It is equipped with a stage and has the capacity to hold up to 900 people.
How to Book
- Booking and Payment Procedure (Cavanbah Centre) sheet.
- Where possible visit the complex and request a tour to view the facilities.
- Familiarise yourself with the facilities, the fees, terms and conditions of hire.
- Speak with staff to discuss your requirements and check availability.
- Carefully read the User Agreement (Cavanbah Centre 2017).
- Complete a booking form. Choose regular use, casual use or event/function hire booking form.
- At the time of lodging your booking form please provide:
- Payment in full to secure your booking
- Certificate of Currency of Public Liability Insurance to the value of $20 million if you fit the description outlined in the User Agreement.
Booking Forms (Click to download)
In person, via direct deposit or by completing 'An Authority to Charge Credit Card Form.' Cheque, eftpos and credit card payments can be made at the Centre.Byron Bay NSW Community Facility Officers 02 6685 5911 email@example.com