Byron Regional Sport and Cultural Complex Multi Purpose Facility
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 10.00am to 9.30pm
Tuesday 10.00am to 10.30pm
Saturday 9.00am to 5.00pm
Sunday 10.00am to 4.00pm
View the Activity Timetable to see what's on at the Facility.
The Byron Regional Sport and Cultural Complex Multi Purpose Facility is now open and available to the whole community. The complex is set to become a regionally significant sports and cultural venue featuring the following contemporary spaces for hire:
- Three meeting rooms
- Two multi-purpose rooms
- Indoor auditorium and sports hall with two full sized, multi-use courts and stage
- Three outdoor basketball / netball courts
- Commercial grade kitchen
- Canteen use for outdoor sports playing fields
- Foyer to display sculptures and artwork
The complex also provides a range of facilities including:
- Player and referee change rooms with showers
- Outdoor undercover area
- Wheelchair accessible venue
- Hearing loop
- Free car parking
- Free wireless internet
- MP3 connectivity
The meeting rooms are perfect for conferences or business meetings. They are fully air-conditioned and can include tables, chairs, whiteboards and data projectors.
The multi-purpose rooms are ideal for a range of sporting and community activities, classes and workshops. They can also be hired for functions, birthday parties or wedding receptions. There is convenient access to the commercial kitchen next door with a servery opening into each room. The rooms are fully air-conditioned with polished timber flooring. One room has floor to ceiling mirrors for dance and other sporting activities.
Auditorium and Sports Hall
The sports hall includes two full size courts with Olympic standard flooring. The floor is marked for basketball, netball, volleyball and badminton. The courts can be hired by groups for competition games and training. There are change rooms and showers close by for after the match.
The auditorium is great for hosting musical and theatrical performances, private functions, festivals, trade expos, community and cultural events. It is equipped with a stage and has the capacity to hold up to 900 people.
The kitchen is fully equipped and of commercial standard for catering events. It includes deep fryer, pie warmer, ovens, urn, under shelf refrigeration, fridge, freezer, hotplates, cool room, and crockery and cutlery for 100 people.
How to Book
- Read the Booking Information sheet.
- Where possible visit the complex and request a tour to view the facilities.
- Familiarise yourself with the facilities, the fees, terms and conditions of hire.
- Speak with staff to discuss your requirements and check availability.
- Carefully read the User Agreement.
- Complete a booking form. Choose regular use, casual use or event/function hire booking form.
- At the time of lodging your booking form please provide:
- Payment in full to secure your booking
- Certificate of Currency of Public Liability Insurance to the value of $10 million if you fit the description outlined in the User Agreement.
In person or by phone. Cheque, eftpos and credit card payments can be made at the Centre.