Byron Resource Recovery Centre
115 Manse Rd, Myocum
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8:30am - 11:30am
Public Holidays: Closed
- Resource Recovery Hotline - 1300 652 625
Asbestos can be found in and around most houses built before 1987. Homeowners need to know what asbestos is and what precautions you must take if you are planning to renovate or make repairs around your home.
The Byron Resource Recovery Centre sells Household Asbestos Removal Kits at a subsidised rate of $25. The kits contain all of the safety equipment and information needed to safely remove up to 10 square metres of asbestos from your home.
Byron Resource Recovery Centre has set up a number of recycling bays and bins to sort and recover all types of large bulk recyclables. Find out more.
Electronic waste is a rapidly growing waste type and the Byron Resource Recovery Centre offer a free drop off for all E-waste products. Find our more.
Byron Resource Recovery Second Hand Shop sells quality used, recycled and second hand products which have been salvaged before going to landfill. You will be amazed with the variety of different products available for a great price. For great bargins check out our webpage and facebook page or simply drop in and visit us at myocum today. Opening hours.
Fee relief from waste disposal charges at the Myocum Waste and Recycling Facility for not-for-profit community groups
Byron Shire Council recognises that not-for-profit community groups involved in the operation of second hand shops provide the community with significant social benefits, whilst helping to divert valuable resources from being sent to landfill. Not-for-profit community groups that clean up public land assist with environmental management, improving the aesthetic and amenity of the Shire.
Not-for-profit community groups often have limited financial resources. In recognition of these limited financial resources Council is providing fee relief from waste disposal charges to assist not-for-profit community groups that run disposal stores for the sale of second hand and reusable items and for not-for-profit community groups that clean up public land under its adopted policy 12/019.
Is your organisation eligible? Please view this application form to find out.
Environmental Protection Licence No 6057 & No 13127 Monitoring Data
S(66) Protection of the Environmental Act 1997 requires licence holders to publish relevant monitoring data on their websites. Beloe is a link to Licence #6057 & #13127, the associated monitoring points and relevant monitoring data summaries:
- Byron Resource Recovery Centre Environmental Protection Licence No. 6057
- Byron Resource Recovery Centre Environmental Protection Licence 13127
- Groundwater and Leachate Monitoring Points
- Noise and Surface Water Monitoirng Points
- Compliance noise monitoring, Byron Resource Recovery Centre, October 2014
- Compliance noise monitoring Byron Resource Recovery Centre March 2015
- Compliance Noise Monitoring, Byron Resource Recovery Centre August 2015
- EPL Requirement M2 - LDS Periodic Water Quality Assessment
- EPL Requirement M2 - LDS Periodic Water Quality Assessment October 2015
- Sediment Dam A and B Periodic Water Quality Assessment
- Sediment Dam Periodic Water Quality Assessment October 2015
- EPL Requirement M7 - Leachate Volumes Monthly Summary October 2015
- 2013/14 Annual Water Contamination Report for Environmental Protection Licence 6057
- Flare performance report - August 2014
- Flare performance report October 2015
- EPL Requirement M7 - Leachate Volumes Monthly Summary October 2014
This plan has been developed to document the processes required to prepare for and respond to pollution incidents for the Byron Resource Recovery Centre (EPA License No. 6057 and 13127) and ensure that hazards to the environment, human health and safety are reduced, if not eliminated. It has been prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 and Protection of the Environment Operations (General) Regulation 2009.
For any queries relating to this data contact council's Environmental Programs Officer Lloyd Isaacson on 6626 7084 or email@example.com