Aged and disability services
The primary role of the Aged and Disability Officer is to improve access and equity to services and facilities for older people, people with a disability, and their carers. This includes resourcing and collaborating with Council’s Access Committee.
Current Priorities include:
- Supporting community development initiatives within the Shire that promote the health, well-being and social connection of older people and people with a disability.
- Engaging the community, and establishing and maintaining partnerships with service providers.
- Providing advice and support to council staff to promote the interests of older people or people with a disability.
- To plan for and review aged and disability services to ensure responsiveness to the changing needs and demographics of the Shire and their consistency with current Council Plans and directions.
- To implement recommendations of Council’s adopted plans and strategies that relate to the position. These include the Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (2008-2013), Social Plan (2004-2009), Cultural Plan, Safer Community Compact and the Positive Ageing Strategy.
For further information contact Council’s Aged and Disability Development Officer, Tuesday - Thursday.
Phone:02 6626 7224
Fax: 02 6684 3018